Since I'm already missing my weekly fix of Heroes, I thought I'd offer up some random thoughts and notes about plot points and curiousities:
1. Sylar is awesome. What a great idea for a villain. I loved having the realization that the reason that he slices the brains is to grab the tiny tiny piece of DNA that has the "superpower" in it. The chick with the power of persuasion totally underestimated his abilities, and that was an awesome scene too.
2. Peter Petrelli - he goes nuclear in a dream. Here's the thing - his dreams. Are they a part of his superpower? I had forgotten that he originally had dreams that he could fly - so it's interesting that he doesn't think he has superpowers prior to figuring out that he absorbs the powers of those around him. If his dreams are true, then that radioactive dude must be nearby when Peter explodes. And if his dreams are true, then why do we need
3. The cheerleader is still at risk. If Sylar knows what Claire's superpower is, then he will do anything to find her and her brain. You still have to save her to save the world, I'm saying.
4. Claire's Dad. Originally, we thought that he was the villain. Now, he's a good guy, but he's going a little overboard on his protection of Claire. So much so, that the silent "memory loss" dude pulled one over on him to keep Claire from his protection. Awesome. But who in the heck is he working for? Or does it matter?
5. The one problem I have with the show is the performance of the actor who plays the Professor's son. He isn't very good, or his character arc is so shallow that there's nothing there for him to do except steam over his father-son issues, and stare at a computer screen.
Can't wait for whenever my Tivo starts recording new episodes!